Monday, March 16, 2015

E30FB - finally!

After trying on and off for days, I finally got E30FB, Eritrea in the logbook. I heard them fairly well on 30 Meters - loud enough to try. The W3EDP (at its new height) and 85 Watts were necessary to bag another All Time New One.

In truth, they were about 579 at best. Not the loudest DXpedition I have ever heard, and QSB was pretty bad. But once I figured out their listening pattern, I got an answer after only a couple of calls.

It's nice to see an antenna improvement pay off so soon. Now I'll have to pay some attention to working Malawi and the Congo. Those would also be ATNOs for me.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least !

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Larry, I managed to get this ATNO as well in the log on 12m yesterday. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete