Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Ham Radio Heroes

Sounds silly, doesn't it?  But yes, I do have Ham Radio heroes.  They include the ones who Elmered me; and the ones who have mentored and motivated me.

But tonight, I'd like to concentrate on the ones who have inspired me, in a very particular way.

My big dream as a QRPer is to someday be in the position where I can operate from the "Great Outdoors" on a regular basis.  Whether it be SOTA or a far away DXpedition like Steve WG0AT and Guy N7UN. Or day hikes like Jim W1PID or Ron WB3AAL. Or even perhaps, someday, serious trail hiking like Steve KD1JV.  And then there are always the pedestrian mobile exploits of Paul W0RW and Ed WA3WSJ to enjoy.  There are also the adventures of Martin VA3SIE to admire.  He always seems to be able to get to a good location for the outdoor QRP events - or just a fun day out.



For now, I will have to settle for trips to the local parks and even the back yard to fulfill my outdoor "fix". But someday ........ someday .......... (the dreaming continues).

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!




No comments:

Post a Comment